Earlier this week I showed you my inspiration shelf, well since then I have been busy making a bunch of them as great storage for my craft room and more...
I found a great sheet acrylic supplier Sheet Plastics, who can cut your pieces to size and if clear acrylic is not your thing, they also have a host of other colours including a great selection of neons. I attached the acrylic shelf to the wall using the Command™ Picture & Mirror Hanging Strips, which as well as leaving no marks on the wall also enable me to take the shelf on and off the wall as much as I like due to the velcro like technology.
Here's how I did it:
You will need:
- Tensol 12 50ML ( Tensol 12 is a single component cement which hardens due to solvent evaporation to produce a clear bond in cast/Xt acrylic acrylic Sheet.The product is quickly and easily used direct from the bottle.)
- 3 sheets of 5mm thick acrylic cut to 260mm x 50mm
- 2 sheets of 5mm thick acrylic cut to 55mm x 50mm
- Start by carefully peeling off the protective film
- Add a very thin line of tensol along the top of one of the long edges of the side pieces
- Carefully place in position and hold for a few seconds, leave to dry
- Repeat with the other side piece
- Turn box so it sitting on its end.
- Add a very thin line of tensol along the top edges
- Carefully place end piece in position and hold for a few seconds, leave to dry
- Repeat with other end piece
Have a sweet day!