The lovely peeps at Musha Makes recently sent me a set of Tulip' Muffin Cases in a Grey star design that are part of the Tilda 'Winter Memories' Collection
So I decided to make gluten free banana & chocolate muffins sprinkled with white chocolate stars for Christmas mornings...
Gluten free banana & chocolate star muffins (makes 16 muffins)
- 150g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 220g caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 150g Gluten free plain flour
- 6 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g white chocolate stars
- Preheat oven to 165C (fan assisted)
- Line baking tray with cases
- Cream butter, vanilla extract and sugar using an electric whisk till light and fluffy
- Slowly whisk in eggs till well combined
- Gradually add flour, cocoa powder, bicarb of soda and milk until well combined
- Divide batter between the cases
- Sprinkle with chocolate stars
- Bake for about 15-20 mins until muffins bounce back when lightly pressed
- Place on rack to cool
- Sprinkle with chocolate stars and dust with icing sugar
Butter should be soft enough to hold a thumbprint but still keep its shape.
Eggs should be at room temperature as cold eggs will be harder to keep from curdling.
Have a sweet day!