Wednesday, 26 September 2012

The London Design Festival 2012 - Super Brands London

Sé


Ginger & Jagger stools

Whiter than White @ Super Brands London

"Super Brands London is an interiors trade fair exclusively for established global design brands. Co-located with Tent London - a main destination hub during the London Design Festival, the exhibition occupies a 2,500m2 ground floor space of the ex-industrial, now impressive exhibition space - the Old Truman Brewery; bringing together two floors of pure design."

Upon arriving I fell in love with Ginger & Jagger's glamorous stand. There were plush velvet chairs, hammered metal stools, and twig legged tables, all in a beautiful opulent colour palette of gold, silver, copper and cream. Another favourite was whose "young tree" lacquered aluminium lamps' use of gold within the shades cast a lovely warm glow. There was also a great exhibition by the Materials Council called Whiter than White. It was a demonstration on the white options available to architects when selecting materials that shape our surroundings and how these choices influence our experience of the built environment. Small and large-scale samples across a range of architectural materials – glass, metal, natural stone, man-made stone, concrete, timber, textiles, etc were laid out on long wooden tables. One of my favourite materials was the woven pearlized leather.

Have a sweet day!
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. What fun my friend...I had a dream about you last night...I was walking around your home! It was sooo lovely...crazy me...I must have you on my mind. Hugs. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. how groovy, you cool chick you!

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. I love reading them all.