Pages

Friday, 6 April 2012

Hand-made chocolate carrots

Hand-made chocolate carrots by Torie Jayne

Last year I made pink chocolate carrots with green chocolate tops, but I found that a lot of the tops fell off! So this year I made peach carrots and painted the tops with edible green dusting powder. No breakages so far!

Chocolate carrots
What you will need:

Making chocolate carrots

Instructions
  1. Temper (melt) white chocolate
  2. Stir in peach powdered food colouring a little at a time until you have desired colour. Stir well so colour is even
  3. Spoon chocolate into icing bottle or bag fitted with a small nozzle
  4. Squeeze chocolate into moulds
  5. Lightly tap moulds so chocolate lays flat and air bubbles are removed, and leave to set
  6. Turn out chocolate carrots
  7. With a damp brush, lightly paint the carrot tops with the green dusting powder

After posting about my bunny jars for Easter the other day, Bonnie Leigh from the blog Three o'clock on Tuesday suggested making mini ones using baby food jars. What a great idea! So I made some more bunny jars, this time using baby food jars and some very small bunnies I've had knocking about since last year which I bought from Acorn & Will.

Mini bunny jars
Mini bunny jars filled
Hand made chocolate carrots in mini bunny jar

Have a sweet day!
Share/Bookmark

11 comments:

  1. Dear Torie,

    thank you so much for your comment! Your ideas are ever so nice and creative, if I had the time, I would recreate every single one of your DIY projects.
    These carrots look gorgeous, like they came from a very expensive chocolaterie.

    Have a nice easter!

    Love,

    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  2. Idea Fantastica! non è semplice trovare gli stampi ma veramente bella idea
    Brava!
    Mari
    http://bricieemicie.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and adorable! I love coming to your blog to see what beautiful photos/ideas you have ... XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! Love the jars.
    Madelén

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Torie, una preciosa idea y ademas exquisita, me encantan todas las cosas que pones y ademas el estilo y gusto tan maravilloso que tienes. Feliz Semana Santa

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love things you make, your ideas and photos :D
    and this carrots are so cute :D:D

    happy easter

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a question for you...Would you have any party ideas on having a lala Loopsy party? You always come up with neat ideas!
    Daisy~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just about some of the cutest things I've ever seen!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to make these jars next year! I don't know if i can wai that long though! I hope i can find similar spray paints in the usa. I just love everything you do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. I love reading them all.