On Friday I had the day off from work and my little niece Molly, who turns three in August, came over to make chocolate nests. I, of course, melted the chocolate for her but the rest she did pretty much by herself: an easy no-bake cake to make!
We had so much fun and she loved making the nests, especially adding the sprinkles which she got to choose from Auntie Torie's baking cupboard!
Chocolate Easter nests (makes 12 nests)
- 100g milk chocolate
- 75g cornflakes
- 250g Mini Eggs
- Melt chocolate in microwave on low power for about 1-2 minutes (the exact amount of time needed will depend on the type of chocolate being used so remove and stir the chocolate every so often to ensure it heats evenly).
- Once the chocolate is melted, remove from microwave and gradually pour into bowl of cornflakes.
- Stir chocolate and cornflakes until the cornflakes are completely covered in chocolate.
- Spoon mixture into cases and make a hole in the center.
- Add sprinkles.
- Fill hole with mini eggs and leave to set.
Have a sweet day!