Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Mini gluten free raspberry trifles

Mini gluten free raspberry trifles by Torie Jayne

I love trifle but, being gluten intolerant I can only have it if I or my Mum makes it. This past Christmas I made some mini raspberry trifles which I served on my mini dessert stand.

Raspberry Trifle (makes 7 mini jars)

Ingredients

7 amaretti biscuits (make sure they are gluten free)
3 1/2 tbsp Amaretto liqueur
21 raspberries
1 packet of raspberry jelly made up as instructions
1 pint of fresh custard
150 ml double cream
1 tbsp toasted flaked almonds


Cooking instructions

  • Place an ameretti biscuit in the bottom of each jar and crush with the end of a wooden spoon until you have a flat surface
  • Pour 1/2 a tbsp of Ameretto into each jar
  • Place three raspberries on top of each crushed ameretti biscuit
  • Divide freshly made jelly between the jars, place in fridge until set
  • When jelly is set, pour cooled fresh custard over the jelly and leave to cool
  • Whip double cream with a pinch of sugar until you get stiff peaks
  • Fill piping bag fitted with a star nozzle with whipped double cream and pipe a star on top of each trifle
  • Sprinkle top of each trifle with toasted almonds
  • Keep in fridge until serving


Mini Trifles

Have a sweet day!
Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. They look wonderful Torie Jayne. Everything that you make has a special sparkle to it. Thanks so much or the recipe.
    Sorry that I have been AWOL for a while. We seem to have been very busy helping our children move, decorate and babysit !! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Torie,they look scrumptous,thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tori! Those look amazing! My friend is gluten free and she would LOVE these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look absolutely delicious! Could just eat one of those now! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so yummy~ Can't wait to try and make them. :3

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so cute. I often eat out at restaurants (in Toronto there are a few restaurants that specialize in gluten-free dishes like Hibiscus Café, I really cannot complain), but I have never seen anything so beautifully served.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. I love reading them all.