Pages

Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Laundry Art

My Laundry Art
My Laundry Art

I am busily getting everything ready to decorate our new laundry- and cloak-room. Last week I showed you the candy coloured bead hangers and the pretty wrapped soaps. Today I am showing you some of my laundry art I want to put up on the walls.

I originally bought two pink baroque picture frames from Urban Outfitters; buy one get one half price! I then had to decide what to put in them. As there is going to be quite a lot of different prints in the room from, pale blue floral towels to a bird print curtain and rose printed dusters I wanted something quite graphical.

I liked the idea of them having something to do with the laundry room so went for care label meanings. I went back to Urban Outfitters and bought two more frames, one in pink and one in duck egg blue as I'd decided I wanted three of them (maybe the extra one can go in my kitchen?). I coloured the artwork in a pale blue to match the blue in my towels, soaps and prints.

Feel free to right click the below pics and print them out for yourselves.
Fabric care label meanings
Fabric care label meanings
Fabric care label meanings
Share/Bookmark

22 comments:

  1. Hello
    not sure if I missed it,but I was wondering what happened to your mirror giveaway?
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! I can't wait to see your new laundry room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome! i have always liked these symbols and you have designed these pieces so nicely.

    thank you so much for sharing.

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute prints. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a wonderful idea, and looks so lovely!

    xo
    http://www.pinkpeonieswithlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a feeling I'm going to be very envious of your laundry room!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! It looks so classy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just saying the other day that I need a map to understand all these symbols. Thank you so much. I've already printed them out. Can I share them in a post? I'll link them back to you. They are just wonderful!!!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is brilliant! I am never quite sure what all those little symbols mean. I always have the vague feeling that I am doing something wrong and they are going to look so tylish. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, I have just discovered your blog and wonderful prints from Pinterest.
    However I have tried to print them and they are blurry, I would love to use them in my laundry makeover. ANy hints on what I am doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these pics but I noticed that one of the 3 images is missing the Laundry title like the others. I just finished a laundry room renovation and would love to use these pics! You have fantastic taste!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What size frames are these? And what size are the print-outs?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, glad you all like x
    Hi Liz, you should be able to just double click and print, if it is still looking blurry, please email me and I will email you the artwork.
    The artwork is 18cm by 23cm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had the same issue as "Liz" in that the pictures came out blurry. I'm not sure how to email you, but would it be possible to get pdf files of these? These would be perfect for my laundry room! Thanks!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for these prints! You are so creative. I hope to be able to use them in my laundry soon. :)

    Cheers,
    Kate
    saying hello from shopnomiji.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a great idea
    thank you for sharing

    best wishes
    Open house blog, Norway

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is it possible to change the colors? These are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping to set up downloadable art, so I can offer the artwork in several colours for free!

      Delete
  18. Those are so cute! The pink frames are adorable too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. I love reading them all.