Last Easter I made chocolate bunny heads filled with home-made honeycomb and they went down such a treat with my friends! This year I made them again but this time I made their faces with white chocolate and coloured their eyes with blue chocolate and their noses with pink chocolate.
Hand-made honeycomb chocolate bunny head
What you will need
- Mini non-stick cake pan, 6 cavity - bunnies
- 100g White chocolate drops
- 400g Milk chocolate drops
- Half a batch of home-made honeycomb
- Pink powder food colouring
- Blue powder food colouring
- Aluminium foil
- Temper (melt) 2 tbsp white chocolate
- Place 1 tbsp of the melted white chocolate in small bowl and stir in pink food coloring until colour is even
- Place a small drop of pink chocolate into nose of bunny moulds
- Place 1 tbsp of the white chocolate in small bowl and stir in blue food coloring until colour is even
- Place a small drop of blue chocolate into eyes of bunny moulds
- Lightly tap moulds so chocolate lays flat and air bubbles are removed, and leave to set
- Temper (melt) rest of white chocolate
- Pour into bunny moulds so white chocolate is about 1 cm deep and leave to set
- Fill bunny moulds with chunks of honeycomb
- Temper (melt) milk chocolate
- Pour milk chocolate over honeycomb to fill the moulds and leave to set
- Turn out chocolate bunnies and wrap in foil.
The pretty pink rabbit aluminum foil is from Daiso Japan a Japanese 100 yen ($1, £1) store. I bought mine from Jusco, the Hong Kong equivalent of a £1 store, back in November of last year on a work trip.
Available in my store.
Have a sweet day!