Toffee apple milk chocolate truffles (makes 16)
200g 40% milk chocolate drops
3 tbsp double cream (heavy cream)
1 tbsp toffee apple flavouring
Metallic gold sanding sugar for rolling them in.
- Place the chocolate drops and cream in a medium sized saucepan on a medium heat.
- Stir until chocolate has completely melted and has a smooth texture.
- Remove from heat and whisk in toffee apple flavouring.
- Pour into small bowl and refrigerate for about 1 1/2 hours, or until set.
- Scoop tsp of chocolate mix into your hand and roll into a ball shape.
- Roll in sanding sugar to coat.
- Refrigerate to store for up to a week (but best served at room temperature).
Hotel Chocolat sent me some 40% milk chocolate drops to play with. Knowing how much my older sister loves Hotel Chocolat chocolate I thought I would make some chocolate truffles to sit on my Winter Woodland dessert table. I started off with rich milk chocolate ones, then went onto mixing other flavours in them like the delicious Baileys ones yesterday. Now here are some toffee apple flavoured ones using toffee apple syrup I picked up on a trip to Paris earlier this year.
Have a sweet day!