Margarita cupcakes (makes 12 muffin size cakes)
125g (4.5 ounces) butter, softened
150g (5.2 ounces) caster sugar
225g (8 ounces) self-raising gluten-free flour
1 lime zest
1 lime juice
3 tablespoons tequila
- Preheat oven to 160-180 deg C (325-350 deg F).
- Line muffin tray with paper cases.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until the mixture turns a pale colour.
- Beat in eggs, flour, tequila, zest and juice of lime.
- Divide mixture among cases.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Place cakes on a wire rack to cool.
To decorate (for 12 muffin sized cupcakes)
1 cup Unsalted Butter
3 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp triple sec
4 tbsp tequila
2 tbsp milk
3 cups icing sugar (powdered sugar)
Green food coloring
36 7up jelly belly beans
- Beat butter, tequila, milk and juice.
- Slowly beat in icing sugar.
- Add desired amount of colouring.
- Fill piping bag with the tequila frosting and pipe in swirl on top of cakes.
- Place 3 jelly beans in centre of each cake.
- Push cocktail umbrella into side of cakes.
Oops! I forgot to post this recipe back in September as part of my cocktail cupcakes posts. So, at long last here it is, and the timing couldn't be better as they are great party cakes!
Have a sweet day!