Hotel Chocolat double milk chocolate truffles (makes 28)
200g 40% Milk chocolate drops
3 tbsp double cream (heavy cream)
1 tsp natural vanilla extract
Liquid chocolate - classic milky for coating.
- Place the chocolate drops and cream in a medium sized saucepan on a medium heat.
- Stir until chocolate has completely melted and has a smooth texture.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla extract, until you have a smooth consistency.
- Pour into small bowl and refrigerate for about 1 1/2 hours, or until set.
- Scoop tbsp of chocolate mix into your hand and roll into a ball shape.
- Roll in liquid chocolate flakes to coat.
- Refrigerate to store for up to a week (but best served at room temperature).
Hotel Chocolat sent me some 40% milk chocolate drops and white chocolate drops to play with. Knowing how much my older sister loves Hotel Chocolat chocolate I thought I would make some chocolate truffles to sit on my Winter Woodland dessert table.
To start here are some plain chocolate ones that I decadently rolled in Hotel Chocolat drinking chocolate flakes so they were pure Hotel Chocolat!
Have a sweet day!