Bailey's Milk Chocolate Truffles (makes 24)
200g 40% milk chocolate drops
3 tbsp double cream (heavy cream)
1 1/2 tbsp Baileys Irish Cream liqueur
Bowl of metallic gold sanding sugar for rolling them in.
- Place the chocolate drops and cream in a medium sized saucepan on a medium heat.
- Stir until chocolate has completely melted and has a smooth texture.
- Remove from heat and whisk in Baileys.
- Pour into small bowl and refrigerate for about 1 1/2 hours, or until set.
- Scoop tbsp of chocolate mix into your hand and roll into a ball shape.
- Roll in sanding sugar to coat.
- Refrigerate to store, for up to a week (but best served at room temperature).
Hotel Chocolat sent me some 40% milk chocolate drops and white chocolate drops to play with. Knowing how much my older sister loves Hotel Chocolat chocolate I thought I would make some chocolate truffles to sit on my Winter Woodland dessert table. I started off with rich milk chocolate ones, then went onto mixing other flavours in them like these delicious Baileys ones!
Have a sweet day!