Toffee Apples (makes 9 apples)
9 apples (I used Braeburn)
9 wooden sticks
192g caster sugar (1.5 cups superfine sugar)
255g glucose syrup (3/4 cups light corn syrup)
1/3 cup water
2 teaspoons pink liquid food colouring
- Wash apples and remove the stems. Push a stick into the apples.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Place water, sugar and glucose syrup into a heavy based saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Place candy thermometer in pan and boil until temperature reaches hard crack (300 deg F).
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in food colouring.
- Dip apples into the syrup one at a time, tip pan to completely coat apple.
- Place on baking sheets to set at room temperature.
- Sprinkle with glitter, sprinkles and push marshmallows or mini chocolate beans into the sides.
Coating the toffee apples in chocolate
white & pink M&M's
Pink edible glitter
- Temper dark chocolate (click for instructions).
- Spoon chocolate over apples.
- Sprinkle with pink glitter.
- Push M&M's into chocolate.
- Leave to dry.
I used the black & white stripe masking tape to cover the sticks, and the lace tape to seal the small sandwich bags around the candy apples that I had placed in cupcake cases.
For more of my Halloween candy ideas, check out my Halloween page.
Have a candy sweet day!