Blue Hawaii (makes 12 muffin size cakes)
125g (4.5 ounces) butter, softened
150g (5.2 ounces) caster sugar
225g (8 ounces) self-raising gluten-free flour
1 cup blended pineapple
3 tablespoons light Rum
2 tablespoons Blue Curaco
- Preheat oven to 160-180 deg C (325-350 deg F).
- Line muffin tray with paper cases.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until the mixture turns a pale colour.
- Beat in eggs, flour, blended pineapple, rum and Blue Curaco.
- Divide mixture among cases.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Place cakes on a wire rack to cool.
To decorate (for 12 muffin sized cupcakes)
226g (1 cup) unsalted white butter
3 tbsp coconut milk
375g icing sugar (3 cups powdered sugar)
Blue food coloring
12 Maraschino cherries
12 chunks fresh coconut
- Beat butter, coconut milk and colouring.
- Slowly beat in icing sugar, until soft peaks form.
- Fill piping bag with the blue frosting and pipe in swirl on top of cakes.
- Push cocktail umbrella through cherry and into side of cake.
- Place coconut chunk on opposite side of cake to umbrella.
Have a sweet day!