Strawberry Daiquiri cupcakes (makes 12 muffin size cakes)
125g (4.5 ounces) butter, softened
150g (5.2 ounces) caster sugar
225g (8 ounces) gluten free self-raising flour
130g fresh strawberries blended
2 teaspoons grated lime zest
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons light rum
pink food colouring
- Preheat oven to 160-180 deg C (325-350 deg F).
- Line muffin tray with paper cases.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until the mixture turns a pale colour.
- Beat in eggs, flour, blended strawberries, rum, lime juice and lime zest.
- Divide mixture among cases.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Place cakes on a wire rack to cool.
To decorate (for 12 muffin size cakes)
480ml double cream
30g (1/4 cup)icing sugar (powdered sugar)
3 tablespoons light rum
pink food coloring
12 maraschino cherries
12 cocktail umbrellas
- Whisk cream, icing sugar, food colouring and rum until soft peaks form.
- Pipe in a swirl on top of cakes.
- Spear maraschino cherry with cocktail umbrella and stock into cake.
Have a sweet day!