Pear Gluten free Whoopie (makes 48 5cm/2" size cakes)
2 1/4 cups gluten-free self raising flour (self rising flour)
4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
4 tbsp of white butter (vegetable shortening)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp xantham gum
1 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 pears, peeled & blended
- Preheat oven to 190 deg C (375 deg F).
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Peel and core pears, place them in a blender until blended finely.
- In a separate small bowl combine the milk, bicarbonate of soda, and vinegar.
- Beat butter, white butter, granulated sugar and dark brown sugar with an electric mixer until the mixture turns a pale colour.
- Slowly, on a low speed, beat in the eggs and buttermilk until mixed thoroughly.
- Gradually beat in milk, soda,vinegar mixture, flour and vanilla until mixed thoroughly
- Gradually beat in blended pears until mixed thoroughly.
- Pipe a splodge of batter onto one of the prepared baking trays and repeat 24 times, leaving a 5cm (2") gap between each splodge. Repeat above step on second prepared tray.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then place cakes on a wire rack to cool.
Blackberry ganache filling (for 48 5cm/2" size cakes)
60 ml of whipping cream (1/2 cup heavy cream)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
200g (7 oz) of finely chopped white chocolate
50g fresh blackberries, blended
- Bring cream to the boil in a small saucepan.
- Remove from heat immediately and stir in chocolate until melted.
- Stir in blended blackberries and vanilla essence until glossy.
- Refrigerate for about 45 mins.
To decorate (for 24 5cm/2" size cakes)
48 Pear whoopie pies
Blackberry ganache Filling
Pink & purple pearls
- Spoon a teaspoon of ganache onto the flat side of cake. Spread to the edges.
- Top with another cake, flat side down.
- Repeat until you have 24 whoopie pies.
- Roll whoopie pies in pearls.
Have a sweet day!