Saturday, 21 August 2010

Jungle Bench

Jungle Kids Bench
Jungle Kids Bench
Jungle Bench
Molly on her new bench
For my niece Molly's first birthday we decided to get her a child's bench that she and her friends could sit on in the garden; something she could treasure for years to come as I still have my little wicker chair from when I was a kid. After much searching I found this one at Gardens and Homes Direct.


Animal bench from Gardensandhomesdirect
My other half put it together for me and painted it white using Cuprinol garden shades, Pale Jasmine and I hand painted the animals in a variety of pastel paints. I had some 5cm foam cut to size and made a removable cover using a pastel print jungle fabric from Fabrics Clearance.


Jungle fabric by Torie Jayne
Have a sweet day!
Share/Bookmark

11 comments:

  1. You are amazing!!! I would of never thought to do this...I adore it and what a unique idea! Sweet Molly will treasure this forever! A++ for you this morning my dear. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you have changed this bench-I bet your niece will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Torie, this is absolutely adorable, I think others are going to want one of these. By the way your little neice is too Cute for words.If you have a chance today I have a fun post up about Whats in a Name? Come by and read why others named their blogs what they named them. have a good weekend, Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a transformation! I.LOVE.IT! You've added life and personality to your adorable niece's garden bench making it even more of a treasure!
    Fine job, my friend, and kudos to your husband too!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh so nice!!
    Molly is so cute!!
    i wish you a nice and sunny
    weekend
    Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Qué buen cambio de look!! Te quedó precioso!! Besos!! Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out so darling. I like it so much better painted than before!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is, quite possibly, the cutest bench I have ever seen in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Molly is absolutely adorable! And what a PERFECT gift for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! It's so cute... much cuter than the before picture!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. I love reading them all.