Wednesday, 26 May 2010

Whimsical Kitchen sink ideas

Sink by Living Etc, Sept 2004



Country kitchen accessories by House to Home



Sink area by Elle Deco



Country kitchen sink by House to Home


Last Friday in my new series of posts, "Friday Finds", I shared with you some of my whimsical kitchen ideas for around my new sink area. Having started to go through all my interior magazine tears in an effort to organize myself, I thought I would share with you today some of my favorite images for sink areas.

My absolute favourite image is the first one. I would love to put a pretty print tray behind my sink, but as we have a window directly behind it, unfortunately there's no chance! But there is room for an indoor plant and perhaps some herbs.

Have a sweet day!
Share/Bookmark

15 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the idea of sprucing up a sink. It makes doing dishes not so dreary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Torie...you have just made me think..and consider my kitchen sink area alot more now...Hmmm...must do something about this and jazz it up a little :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the 2nd one best. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool compilation of pics!

    the top image looks like a pretty floral tray behind the faucet. how cool would that be?

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  5. NICE NICE NICE !!!........I REALLY LIKE YOUR BLOG...............SO NICE THING EVER TIME AGAIN.............HUGS FROM RIA.............XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. such lovely pictures. best wishes and a very sunny day ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the pink one - very friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! The towels are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Nothing makes doing dishes....more than a pretty sink area:)
    ~Debra
    Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these looks...Adore the country kitchen sink! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely! - my issue with having "things" around the sink is that they get wet ..

    *Kisses*
    Erika
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Torie Jayne,
    I always think that herbs on the window sill look wonderful.... and, practical, too.
    You find such lovely images. They are beautiful but achievable, which is pretty important. I know that, whatever you do will be tasteful, fresh and will look perfect.
    Enjoy the weekend. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of the reasons I love blogging is that I get so many ideas about decorating things I usually ignore. I never thought about decorating around my sink...other than a cute soap dispenser. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those wallpaper in the sink in the third image.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. I love reading them all.