Monday, 31 May 2010

Pretty garden pastels

Pretty pastels by House to Home



Summer retreat by House to Home



Spring/Summer 2010 collection by Green Gate



Pretty pastels by House to Home



Floral cup by Green Gate



Bird cushion by Green Gate


I spent the whole weekend in my garden, painting the fences, painting my pots, weeding and planting. All in an effort to make it a more enjoyable place to sit during the Summer months.

I love all the pretty pastels in the above pics, especially the pastel bunting which is made from triangles of plywood painted in Cuprinol Garden Shades paint. You can read more about them here. I so need to make these, perhaps adding some polka dots to them!

This year I also need to repaint my garden shed due to general wear and tear and, after seeing these pics, I am considering painting it in a lighter colour.

Have a sweet day!
Share/Bookmark

19 comments:

  1. Sounds like a gloriously productive weekend Torie Jayne. I love these images - tea in the garden looks very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so pretty, I flit between pastels and brights for my gardens, this has me want pastels all over again.
    Would love to see piccy's of your garden I bet its gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love greengate......and pastels you know ....pretty pictures !!!

    Happy week my dear Torie !! hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love having a little garden spot to sit and enjoy....we have had so much rain we have not been sitting and enjoying much lately. xoxox Hugs for a great new week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! Wish that I had a garden like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! I have to repaint my fences and shed this year so this gives me loads of inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want them all! That summerhouse has got me looking at sheds online that I can bring home and paint. Now where are my scones and cream ;o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonjour Torie Jayne,
    I love that little hidden room in the storage shed, and the whimsical birdcages.
    Enjoy your garden adventures.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all these garden images, Torie Jayne!!! I think that a pretty pastel colour will be perfect on your shed!

    Hugs!
    Mara

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely gorgeous! So refreshing and relaxing the colors.
    Beuatiful pictures and thanks for sharing them to brighten up my day!
    Hugs,
    Li :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those images are so soothing and lovely. I especially love the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds lovely just as these pictures are...perfect English summers day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos. I love that sunny retreat. I have a shed that I'd love to make look like that.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am amazed to see the garden pictures. it really looks beautiful. Expecting some more pictures like this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delightful post!!!
    My goodness I have a lot to do on my daughter's playhouse -thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. it looks FANTASTIC!!!! i would want to spend as much time there as possible just chillin' and soakin' it in!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OOoooooooooo I want a back yard playhouse for ME!
    **kisses** Deb

    ReplyDelete
  18. How inspiring!! I really want to have a girly garden party. How lovely would it be to get all dressed up and drink from tea cups and eat tarts? Too Alice in Wonderland?? hehe <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. I love reading them all.