Pages

Friday, 21 May 2010

My whimsical kitchen ideas

Whimsical sink area ideas by Torie Jayne

1. My laundry room ideas
2. Bunny dish rack
3. Nigella Lawson blue salt pig
4. Butterfly mug
5. Pretty cleaning cloths
6. Maxwell & Williams H20 bottle in aqua

I start my new series of posts, "Fridays Finds", with whimsical ideas for the sink area in my new Kitchen.

I have decided to go for a white ceramic sink, to go along with oak wood worktops, white brick tiles, white door and drawer fronts, and one or two walls painted in duck egg blue.

To add interest, and to keep it fun and fresh, I love the idea of a whimsical-looking sink area. Behind the white ceramic sink is a window so I will go for objects that can sit on the window sill and around the sink area; perhaps a blue salt pig to keep my pretty cleaning cloths in, my butterfly mug to hold cleaning brushes in and a cute bunny dish rack on the draining board. For my washing up liquid I would like to get the pretty H2O bottle above with a chrome bottle pourer in the top.

Have a sweet day!
Share/Bookmark

14 comments:

  1. I love the bunny dish rack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that bunny dish rack !!!.......and the laundry room ideas...happy log weekend Torie..........hugs from Ria......

    ReplyDelete
  3. who'd have thought that a dish rack could be so fun!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post today! :)
    Marce,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all things whimsical so I love this series. And that mug is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's decided that I NEED that blue salt pig!

    ReplyDelete
  7. With these pretties alongside your new radio, your kitchen is shaping up beautifully. Love all your tin signs too Torie Jayne. I love old signs too - the quaintness of the text and the great old fonts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything. You have the best eye!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE those ... #6 is my favorite!
    oxoxoxx
    Denalee

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of these! Your new kitchen sounds fab. I would to come for a visit:)
    Hugs
    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! Anything with whimsical in the title just draws me in! Lovely little selection... Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love them! Your picks always make my heart sing my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these whimsical finds! Thank you for gathering and sharing the inspiration! ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was looking at the dish rack the other day, it's so cute isn't it

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. I love reading them all.