Pages

Wednesday, 28 April 2010

White with wood

Butcher block countertops by Country Living



Annabel's house by 1st Option



White shelving by Living Etc



White with wood by Living etc



Rose Villa by 1st Option



Boathouse by 1st Option



Blossom park by 1st Option


As some of you may know, we are putting a new kitchen into our home. Having already decided on white cupboard drawers and fronts, I started to look at worktops.

I love how wooden worktops add warmth, and transcend both time and trends. As with all natural materials as long as they are well looked after, solid wood worktops grow more beautiful with age and nothing can equal its timeless look and natural feel. Now, what wood? Walnut, oak, or bamboo to name a few. As our kitchen leads off of our dining room through french doors the obvious choice wood be oak to match the dining room table, and flooring.

Have a sweet day!
Share/Bookmark

14 comments:

  1. White + wood = perfect match!
    I'd choose a bright, light wood...
    Ciao!
    Suze

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all of these! I would like nothing more that a wood and white kitchen. So fresh and relaxing. Hope your having a great day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is it going? I am sure your kitchen will just be amazing. I love white and wood...happy hunting. xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect match.........!!!

    Hugs from me........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Torie Jayne,
    Your new kitchen sounds as if it's going to be beautiful. I love all of the white and, as you say, wood brings warmth. One has so many choices nowadays but, oak will look fantastic. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonjour Torie Jayne,
    I'm sure whatever you decide will look beautiful, but the white with wood looks marvelous.
    Bonne chance!
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. all so pretty- your blog especially!

    ReplyDelete
  8. White and wood! Throw in some crusty metal, and I'm in heaven. Can't wait to see what you come up with. I have a feeling we'll all be drooling right over those wood tops.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous! I am especially drawn to Annabelles house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh oh...a white kitchen..now I am rethinking the red again!! I would love to see your home (kitchen) when it is done. I am certain it is as lovely as you are my friend.
    xoxo
    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have chosen and showcased some stunning kitchens here! My Mum just went for white with a dark wood worktop and with brick shaped tiles it looks amazing.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the crisp clean look of this style...lovely!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am seriously dyyyyyyying for white kitchen cabinets. Love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These kitchen look lovely. White color is perfect match for kitchen. Thanks for sharing the pics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. I love reading them all.