Tuesday, 6 April 2010

Easter table

Easter table setting
Bird house



Pretty egg cup



Pretty bird house



Egg topiary tree
Bird house



Easter bunny



Pretty Easter table



Easter table ideas



Chocolate filled Easter basket



Filling my Easter basket


I had so much fun putting my Easter table together this year and it all came together in the end! Saturday morning I got up early to get my Easter Topiary tree finished, which is something that I had wanted to blog about but didn't get finished in time. I had bought a small plant pot for the base but it still looked too big, so I dashed out to the garden centre to pick up a smaller one. Whilst I was there I had a quick peek at the Easter decorations and saw the fake grass mats. I instantly fell in love with them and as I have a woodland-themed baby shower coming up I justified their purchase to myself as they would get used more than once!

I painted the plant pot for my Easter tree and whilst it dried I started setting out my Easter table. I laid my Easter table runner down the centre and laid the grass mats on top. I placed my cherry blossom and pussy willow Easter tree at the end of the table with hand painted eggs and bunnies hanging from it. I lined my Easter basket with a pink gingham napkin and filled it with foil wrapped chocolate eggs and placed it at the end of the table with my large bunny. I filled my Easter bunny bowl with pastel-coloured peanut M&M's. I then hid my small white bunnies amongst the grass place mats. I placed white bunny candles in my hand painted egg cups and put them alongside my Easter bunny lollipops. The Easter bird houses I used as place settings. By then my plant pot had dried so I assembled the egg topiary tree together and placed it in the center of the table.

That's when I decided to make banana cupcakes with chocolate buttercream nests that I could sit amongst the grass, so obviously my strawberry cupcakes needed to be decorated with flowers so they could also sit amongst the grass! As time was running out I decided to use coloured M&M's instead of flowers to decorate my cupcakes.

On Sunday afternoon I hid my Easter cupcakes and Easter egg chocolates amongst the grass on my Easter table, filled my wire baskets with all my wrapped handmade chocolates and enjoyed the rest of the day!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!
Share/Bookmark

33 comments:

  1. Everything about this is wonderful. The colors, of course are amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a delightful, beautifully done table :-) I am sure you had a lovely time too. I think you will get good use from the grass runner, I know I would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! The table looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a sweet and beautiful Easter table setting. i love everything about it, i especially love the grass mats as a table runner. all the ceramic bunnies are adorable. your cupcakes look so tasty.

    happy belated Easter

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful...I love every single detail of it. xoxoxo The grass idea is brillant! Hugs for a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty tablescape! I love it! So Springy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous decoration!
    Happy Easter time!
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you did an outstanding job, just beautiful. Can you expand on how you made the Easter Egg topiary tree?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Torie, I adore your decor and delightfully delicious creations! Have a beautiful week! ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely!! Very nice decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY! I have been dying to hear how your sweet Easter party turned out! Absolutely beautiful as always Miss Torie Jaybe, you inspire me more than you'll ever know! Can I come to your next tea party? :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super fab table! Lovely job! Happy week to you!

    Smiles,
    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely and so sweet i love it....kisses

    ReplyDelete
  14. Were you born a domestic godess or is it something you've worked on?!!!! Looks beautiful and totally effortless! As always an inspiration... as so very very pretty. The Easter Topiary Tree is genius. Love the chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bet and i think my dear Torie......your easter table is the most beautiful,nice ,lovely,cute ,marvelous,handsome,fine,pretty,fair,..................easter table of the whole word ...............really !!

    I've enjoyed....the last week from your decorations ! thanks for that !! you are fab my girl !!! hugs from me ........

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely stunning and I can completely see why you are my 'go-to' lady for inspiration.

    You pulled everything together so beautifully!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh goodness it all looks amazing, so so pretty.
    Hope you had a lovely Easter weekend.
    love
    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a perfectly darling, Easter table, I love the colors and the little bird houses. How fun for your family!!Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just beautiful. And so creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely gorgeous! You've taken such care over everything! I love it all,great little details!
    Bet your family loved it!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm still in Florida helping with my mom, but today I actually feel a little bit like blog reading. I knew I had to come see all of your Easter posts that I missed. You didn't disappoint me:) I love the table, the grass mats are great. You make me want to try making my own candy! The one thing I do know is that before I leave Florida I'm going to Sur La Table and getting some of those cute cupcake holders like yours. Each post was gorgeous as usual...I hope you had a wonderful Easter.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable Easter table...love the little birdie houses and the grass down the middle...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so talented! I don't know how you do it all!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love it all, and the grass just pulls it all together so beautifully! I will look forward to seeing the pics from the woodland baby shower! So pretty!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for all your lovely comments, I will blog about the details like how to make the topiary tree very soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your table. Looks amazing :)))
    xoxo,
    Raru

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is stunning! I just made a cake and i see all you've done so very unique! I just adore the easter house!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really don't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. It looks fantastic Torie!!

    Victoria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are definitely detail oriented :) I love all the little touches and the colors. What a fab Easter table. BTW, I need some ideas for a Boy Themed Baby Shower.....

    ReplyDelete
  31. Torie darling your Easter table looks beautiful. The bunny with the M&Ms is so adorable so is the tiny little white basket with the sweets. Excellent job, hard to believe you did all that in one morning. Proud of you luv.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  32. Stunning - anyone would be delighted to sit at such a table!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Do you sell your easter trees?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. I love reading them all.