Pages

Tuesday, 22 December 2009

Handmade Christmas pastel chocolates

Handmade pastel chocolates
Handmade chocolate gingerbread man
The chocolate skulls I made at Halloween seemed to go down well with my family, and with one of my sisters in particular. For Christmas I wanted to make her some suitably themed chocolates.

I was in Selfridges looking at the silicone chocolate moulds, which were rather expensive, when I saw they had silicone ice cube trays at a third of the price! I could see no real difference between them so went for the cheaper ice cube trays. I love how they turned out! Now to sort out some pretty packaging...

To make these chocolates, I tempered the chocolate, coloured it using natural pink and green food colouring, poured the mix into the trays, and left them to set in the fridge.


Christmas ice cube tray by Torie Jayne
Gingerbread man ice cube tray

Have a sweet day!
Share/Bookmark

19 comments:

  1. Pastel chocolates? Soooo pretty!
    Wish you a peacefull christmas with your dearest,
    hugs & kisses
    Federica

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look impossibly gorgeous. You have such lovely ideas Torie!! Your sister will love them! Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah-Ma-Zing!!! Love love love this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just lovely! You have such style!

    Happy Holidays!
    LuLu~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you never stop! I love these and your reindeer head is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Torie thank you so much for your lovely comment on Dolliedaydream. It's great to meet you over the blogosphere and to discover your blog which is absolutely beautiful. I have chocolate envy! I'll swap you some cupcakes for some of those super cute choccies - looking forward to your future posts -kisses Kitty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! They are so cute!

    Sorry I havent been commenting much - life is so busy I barely have time to blog every day but once Xmas is over I will be back in the swing of things!

    Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chocolate hiding behind such precious pastels! Wonderful concept.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. They looks too cute to eat. Love the pastel palette.

    lululetty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Torie

    All of your Christmas projects have been lovely and bright!

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, sweet friend!

    Hugs,
    Tamerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute! I love them! Thank you for all of your wonderful ideas! These would look so cute on a plate with cookies for a simple gift! xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. they are georgeus and so easy!!!!
    thank you for the idea!!!
    kisess

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know if I could eat these cuties!!!

    Victoria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful blog! You are so creative. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment, because now I know about yours. It's wonderful. Have a Merry Christmas.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous idea. They look amazing. Have a lovely white Christmas, but full of pastels too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so cute, what a great little treat!! Good call on the ice cube trays, I will have to keep that in mind :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are so pretty...and YUMMY looking!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. I love reading them all.