Pages

Monday, 21 December 2009

Hand painted wooden Christmas trees

Hand painted wooden Christmas trees
Hand painted wooden Christmas tree
Hand painted wooden Christmas tree
Hand painted wooden Christmas tree
It has been a busy few weeks at work and I am now on Holiday, which will give me a chance to finish all my Christmas projects in time for Christmas Eve. I'm hoping to share with you, my lovely readers, as many as I can.


Wooden Christmas tree by Torie Jayne
When I saw these small wooden Christmas trees in Hobby Craft I thought they would look cute painted white with coloured pots to sit on my Christmas table.

I decided to paint the pots in colours to match my Christmas theme. I went to the DIY store and found tester pots in the following colours: Bubblegum pink, Marina blue (Homebase matt emulsion), and Pea pod green (Crown matchpot).

I painted each tree in a water-based white wood primer; a couple of coats were needed.
I then painted the pots in the three different colours.

Have a sweet day!
Share/Bookmark

19 comments:

  1. Love those trees! What a great idea...And love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmigoodness! These are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What charming trees, you did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet and adorable. Can you come to my house and decorate?
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so sweet! I think you are tipping the scales for me for a Candyland colored Christmas! :> Thanks! :>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such bright and festive trees. Lovely choice of colors. They should look great on your festive table.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic idea! I love these little trees. The pots are SO colorful!! Also read about your honeycomb recipe. I love the stamped bags. This year I bought tons of brown paper bags with handles in different sizes and I have been stamping snowflakes and all things holidayish on them for gift giving. I love that way more than the commercial stuff!

    Thanks for stopping by and Merry Christmas!!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute cute cute. I love this Christmas craft.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the packaging you made for your honeycomb. The moose on the clip is adorable! You always have the best ideas and color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really cute Torie!

    Smiles,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I simply love these cute little trees! I may have to ask my carpenter to whip some up for me next year. You have such a lovely blog! I'll certainly be back!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. your blog makes me so happyyyyyy!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for stopping by today and leaving a comment. I love your trees, your colorful pics, and your blog! I am your newest follower!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh...these are adorable!!
    Thanks so much for visiting me today!!
    Love love the little bags with the reindeer clips!! Your blog is lovely!!
    Have a Very Merry Christmas!! xOxO Nerina :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. SWEET! Merry christmas!:O)

    ReplyDelete
  16. how cute!
    happy Holidays, darling.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. I love reading them all.