Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Christmas baking

Pretty baking
Christmas tree cookie cutters
Christmas cake tin
Flavoured sugar
Christmas tea towels
Ever since I was little it has been a Christmas tradition of mine to cook with my Mum. When I was much younger I would make the candies, from chocolate truffles to filling dates with marzipan. As I got older I would make the snowball pudding, covering it in whipped cream. Then later I was allowed to decorate the Christmas cake.

This year was no exception. Several weeks ago my Mum and me made our Christmas cakes together, and we also made over 100 mince pies one night last week!

Hope you had fun baking for the holidays!
Share/Bookmark

14 comments:

  1. I love your retro wrapping paper!
    My dad always made hundreds of mince pies every Christmas! I prefer to make haggis pastries :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tradition. I love to bake, but 100 mince pies...wow, that is alot. Pretty photos.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to bake together....and there's nothing like mince pies, yum!

    Love the whisk and the flavoured sugars in the images above, very pretty :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that first photo! Gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mince pies are truly delicious! I had my fill of baking this year. Heaps of Italian fig cookies....labour intensive little things, but yummy.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Christmas baking...your sprinkle sugar looks amazing. Happy Baking in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your photos so much!
    happy new year to you, darling.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely! What a cute pictures and pretty colors!!

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christmas baking is so much fun! Next Christmas I'm going to host a cookie exchange! I can't wait for that!

    Victoria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love all your fun photos!
    have a very happy new year~
    chasity

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your story! *heart melting* So nice to hear you do that with your Mum! I am lucky to have a daughter who loves to bake with me at the holidays also... hopefully a tradition we carry on in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  12. those sugars are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow what a lovely tradition. only you could make baking pictures look soooooo beautiful x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. I love reading them all.