Wednesday, 21 October 2009

Halloween maple apple cupcakes

Maple apple cupcake
Maple apple cupcakes (makes 12 muffin size cakes)

Ingredients
150g (5.2 ounces) self raising flour
60g (2.11 ounces) unsalted butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
60ml (2 fluid ounces)maple syrup
200g (7 ounces) grated apple
Vanilla butter cream
Pink food colouring
Black edible glitter


Cooking instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 160-180 deg C.
  2. Line muffin tray with paper cases.
  3. Beat flour, butter, eggs, cinnamon and maple syrup in a bowl with an electric mixer until mixture is a pale colour.
  4. Stir in apple and divide the mixture between the paper cases.
  5. Place in preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
  6. Remove from oven and place cakes on wire rack to cool.
  7. Add pink food colouring to butter icing, mixing thoroughly.
  8. Put coloured butter icing into a piping bag with small nozzle.
  9. When cakes are cool, pipe butter cream icing in peaks on top.
  10. Sprinkle glitter on top using a small paintbrush.
  11. Stick cupcake topper in top.


To make the cupcake topper,
  1. Download and print the "Poison" label below x2.
  2. Place double sided tape on the unprinted side of the label from edge to edge.
  3. Press a cocktail stick into tape
  4. Place the second label over the top of the stick and press firmly together.

Poison cake label
See Halloween cake stands and cases for where to buy cupcake wrappers.

As I have to have a gluten free diet, I substitute the self raising flour for Gluten and wheat free self raising flour.

Have a sweet day!
Share/Bookmark

27 comments:

  1. Oh i love the colour of that icing. Poison = yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply amazing. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to swing by every morning and drool over you blog while I sip my black coffee.

    Good gracious but this is a marvelous and beautiful place to land.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these sound delicious! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY AND FUN!!!!!!! Great Torie! Love this! Thanks for your visit to my blog! I truly appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oo, these look totally yumscious...i love the cake topper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! :) I Blogged about your lovely recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. just found your blog and so glad I did. great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! All the cupcakes look to pretty to eat!
    Enjoy your day,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the little poison tags. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh.yummy! :) I can see myself with a pink tongue right now! :D hee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the fun cupcake recipes! Gotta love small cakes I don't have to share!

    http://thebusiestbee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the bright pink and skull, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, what wonderful cakes....they look so 'poisonous' !!!!
    Your halloween posts have been so brilliant and so clever too. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maple and apple - two of my favorite treats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They just look perfect, as does everything else you've shown us.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another lovely recipe! Thanks for the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am sooo excited about this post because I'm on a gf diet as well. These cupcakes are to cute. It looks like you printed the skull and crossbones on pink paper. What a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. All I can say is ....where do you find the time for all this yummy fun...you amaze me my dear! Please come over to my home and bake me up some goodies...you need to open up a shop!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  19. you had to work seriously hard to get that gorgeous color pink frosting. how can you eat such a work of art???

    ReplyDelete
  20. Should I get life insurance before trying this recipe?! ;)
    The 'poison' is greatest touch!
    xo*

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yum maple apple cupcakes. I have to show these to Les the baker in the family and she loves all these Halloween post with her birthday so close to the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fabulous cupcake - great colours ! x

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks for sharing this!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. These look great! You have so many neat things on your blog!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. I love reading them all.