Maple apple cupcakes (makes 12 muffin size cakes)
150g (5.2 ounces) self raising flour
60g (2.11 ounces) unsalted butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
60ml (2 fluid ounces)maple syrup
200g (7 ounces) grated apple
Vanilla butter cream
Pink food colouring
Black edible glitter
- Preheat oven to 160-180 deg C.
- Line muffin tray with paper cases.
- Beat flour, butter, eggs, cinnamon and maple syrup in a bowl with an electric mixer until mixture is a pale colour.
- Stir in apple and divide the mixture between the paper cases.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place cakes on wire rack to cool.
- Add pink food colouring to butter icing, mixing thoroughly.
- Put coloured butter icing into a piping bag with small nozzle.
- When cakes are cool, pipe butter cream icing in peaks on top.
- Sprinkle glitter on top using a small paintbrush.
- Stick cupcake topper in top.
To make the cupcake topper,
- Download and print the "Poison" label below x2.
- Place double sided tape on the unprinted side of the label from edge to edge.
- Press a cocktail stick into tape
- Place the second label over the top of the stick and press firmly together.
See Halloween cake stands and cases for where to buy cupcake wrappers.
As I have to have a gluten free diet, I substitute the self raising flour for Gluten and wheat free self raising flour.
Have a sweet day!