Thursday, 21 May 2009

Tailors dummy

Tailors dummy with pretty trims in the craft room
Tailors dummy, dress form with pretty trims in the craft room
Tailors dummy with pretty trims close-up in the craft room
I have had my tailors dummy for about ten years now. As you can see above, I have covered it in trims in shades of white, cream and aqua that I have collected over the years from antique markets and haberdasheries. Recently, I was asked on Flickr where to get one from.


Tailors dummies
I suggested Baileys home because they sell a variety of vintage tailors dummies and I think the mix of old and new in their store is just right.


Tailors dummy with Russian linen
On further investigation, I found this great dummy upholstered in vintage Russian linen from Ghost furniture.


Tailors dummy from Corset Laced Mannequins
On the other hand, if you're looking for a something a bit more special, then I suggest taking a look at Corset Laced Mannequins, who also make bespoke dummies in any suitable fabric you provide.
Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. I spent ages looking for mine and I eventually found mine in an old building across the road.

    They are getting harder and harder to find in France nowdays.

    That said I have one that is minus its pedestal so if anyone is looking for just the torso, please let me know.

    Leeann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Torie, look at my paper mache mannequins.
    http://lafactoriaplastica.com/?p=55
    I love your blog!

    Belen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting this article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking for one of these to display my jewellery on. I really love the one from Ghost Furniture.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. I love reading them all.